The midfielder is reportedly willing to take a pay cut in order to return to the club where he started his career.
The miralem pjanić is a player who has been linked with Barcelona and Juventus. He would be willing to take a pay cut in order to return to Juventus and end his nightmare of playing for Barcelona.
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer season is nearing its end, which means the top teams are trying to make an impact in the market while they still can. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
TOP STORY: Pjanic is ready to accept a salary reduction in exchange for a transfer to Juventus
As previously stated on this site, Juventus are seeking to bolster their midfield, with Aurelien Tchouameni of AS Monaco and Axel Witsel of Borussia Dortmund being two of their preferred choices. However, another player who has been linked with a move away from Barcelona this transfer window is Miralem Pjanic.
Calciomercato claims that the Bosnia-Herzegovina international is ready to accept a salary reduction to return to Turin, where he played from 2016 to 2020, despite the fact that there seems to be competition for the move.
Miralem Pjanic is reportedly willing to accept a salary reduction in order to return to Juventus. Getty Images/Eric Alonso
The 31-year-old has an annual contract for €8 million at Camp Nou, and it is said that he is ready to accept a €3 million pay cut to switch teams. Whether or not this influences Juventus’ decision, Calciomercato believes Pjanic is in pole position to join them.
Pjanic has had a difficult time in Catalonia, appearing on the bench in just one of Barca’s three LaLiga games this season and making only 13 starts in all competitions last season. In addition to the aforementioned names, Corentin Tolisso of Bayern Munich and Houssem Aouar of Lyon are outside candidates to join the Bianconeri.
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– Internazionale and Juventus have shown interest in Gianluca Scamacca, but the Sassuolo midfielder is likely to join Cagliari, according to Calciomercato. The striker, who excelled on loan at Genoa last season, will join them for a one-year loan fee of €1 million, with the option to make the move permanent for an extra cost of €26 million to €27 million.
– Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+
– Filip Kostic may have attempted to push a transfer to Lazio from Eintracht Frankfurt, but the Bundesliga club is yet to budge. According to Sky Sports, they turned down a €10 million offer and are working on a new offer that has not yet been delivered. Eintracht Frankfurt, on the other hand, wants clarification on the issue since they would need to recruit a successor if the Serbia international leaves.
– According to the Sun, Crystal Palace are trying all they can to bolster their frontline in the closing days of the transfer season. With Conor Gallagher as their sole goal scorer so far this season, they are interested in signing Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah for £12 million and Celtic’s Odsonne Edouard for £15 million. The Eagles want both strikers to join, so it’s not a matter of one or the other.
Lille are already making preparations to replace Zeki Celik, according to Le10Sport, as they prepare to lose the right-back to Atletico Madrid. The Ligue 1 champions are reportedly interested in Montpellier’s Junior Sambia and Clermont Foot’s Akim Zedadka. Due to the near proximity of the transfer deadline, bringing in the latter would need a massive offer.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, Leicester City has received a bid from Torino for Belgian midfielder Dennis Praet. The Foxes are expected to make a decision on whether or not to allow the 27-year-old to go to Italy in the coming hours.
- juventus schedule
- juventus vs barcelona
- juventus standings